Cyanotypes on Fabric – book
|Cyanotypes on Fabric – book – Revised and re-printed
Cyanotyping is a simple process for producing subtle, detailed images on fabric. Prussian blue and white – calm, cool, classical and utterly beautiful. Mix this technique from the 1840s with natural leaves and flowers or with modern digital negatives, and perhaps some textile techniques, and you have a wide range of image making possibilities.
The book has 96 pages, all in full colour, and includes chapters on:
- Preparing the fabric (smooth, textured and restricted area backgrounds)
- Making the prints, including photograms, digital negatives, manipulating the fabric and ‘putting it all together’.
- So you don’t want blue – toning, under-dyeing, over-dyeing and painting.
- Taking care of your cyanotypes.
- Health & Safety
Price: £19.00 plus postage & packing (please select from the drop down list below)
Digital Imagery on Fabric
|Digital Imagery on Fabric
The book covers a wealth of information on using digital imagery for textile work. It includes sections on
- The types of printers available, printing directly on to fabric using inkjet and laser printers, including printing on unusual surfaces such as velvet, dissolvable film and lutradur/evolon.
- Various methods of image transfer using transfer paper, textile medium and solvents.
- Methods using digital negatives and positives for photographic processes such as cyanotyping (blueprinting) and inkodye printing, as well as various methods for producing printing screens from your digital images.
- The second section covers
How to manipulate your images ready for the methods in the first section using Photoshop Elements.
- Introduces creative ideas for combining and using digital images.
The book concludes with appendices on
- Health & Safety
The book is 133 pages long, A4, softback and in full colour throughout. It features work by a variety of textile artists to illustrate the techniques and inspire.
Price: £17.00 plus postage & packing (please select from the drop down list below)